Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Has Sprung

I've heard from my new, beloved El Paso friends that it is indeed spring here & it is the most beautiful time of the year (out here, at least). At first I was like, "Really?!!?" But in the last couple of weeks things have taken a dramatic change! The bare trees are now leafy green, the brown palm tree leaves are turning green, weeds are sprouting...everywhere, flowers are blooming, rose bushes are blossoming, and even some of the cactus have flowers blooming within them!


This past week, Jessica met me at our house so we could go on a walk. She walked in and said she was jealous because we have roses blooming on the side of our house. I had no idea! But, sure enough I head outside and the bushes are gorgeous! Later, of course, I had to clip one off and bring it inside!



If I lived anywhere else besides the dry desert I wouldn't blog about this. It is just so nice to be able to see specks of green out here! Don't get me wrong...it is still quite brown out here, in fact, I still haven't got used to looking out and seeing brown, brown, brown, speck of green, brown, brown, brown, speck of green, etc... But I will take what I can get for now! Happy Spring to all!


















1 comment:

  1. Spring is the best time of the year no matter where you live!! Love the splashes of color in your yard. God is good :)

    ReplyDelete