First, I must begin by saying what a great daddy Spencer is and how grateful I am to have him. Recovering in the hospital, I wasn't much help when it came to being capable of caring for Chase (except for his meals!). Before Chase was born Spencer would say, "I'm not changing any stinky diapers!" Well, that shortly changed after he was born. Spencer changed all of Chase's diapers (even the stinky ones), he soothed him back to sleep, and he became a pro at swaddling. This all happened within the first few hours! (I didn't change a diaper until at least 24 hours after Chase was born. :)) It was so beautiful watching him bond and care for his son.
Second, I am so grateful my parents flew out so quickly. They arrived on the evening that we were released from the hospital. What a HUGE help they were! With them being around, the dogs were cared for and were quite spoiled, my house stayed dust/dog hair free, the laundry was taken care of, and we were eating decent meals. Most importantly, Spencer and I got to SLEEP peacefully between feedings. Without them, I don't know how we would have managed. Thank you, Mom (Nana) & Dad (Papa)!
Pictures from Chase's first week (mostly sleeping pictures)...
Chase is such a good looking little one! And you and Spencer are already awesome parents!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little guy! Lara and Spencer, you are incredible parents! (And I knew Spencer would be a diaper changing pro! Good job, bro!!)
ReplyDeleteLara, It's great to see your blog and see how well things are going for you and Spencer! Sherman's grandmother is originally from El Paso so we've talked about visiting there someday. Your son is very handsome and looks like a sweet guy. Congrats on everything. Love, Amanda
ReplyDelete