Sporting his sleep sack
Monday, July 18, 2011
Chase Slept Through the Night!!!
Last night we decided to NOT swaddle Chase. He has been swaddled every night since birth. His swaddle wraps are too small and he is quite crafty escaping his arms anyway so we thought we'd give it a try. Instead we placed him in a sleep sack. I was so nervous that he'd smack himself in the face throughout the night and we would have a sleepless night. But, I was so wrong! I rocked him an hour AFTER he fell asleep to make sure he was in a deep sleep. Then I ever so gently placed him in his bassinet and BOOM...his hands smack his face and he is awake. I moped into the living room almost in tears to break the news to Spencer. While I'm pouting Chase is lightly fussing in his bassinet and then a few minutes later I hear nothing. So I go to check on him and he is ASLEEP! Whew! And he slept in his bassinet from 10:30pm-6:40am!!!! Of course there were several moments where he fussed throughout the night, but everytime he went back to sleep on his own. I can't even describe how wonderful it felt to have 7 hours of consistent sleep and I am hoping that this will continue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for Chase!! And yay for sleep for Mommy and Daddy! :)
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable! So glad that he is sleeping so well for you :)
ReplyDelete