Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Change

A few things are changing around our household...and all at the same time. The biggest would be me going back to work which means Chase has to go to daycare. We found an in-home daycare that has the perfect numbers, a very reasonable price, and a loving caregiver (plus much more) which makes this place perfect. So far C has done well adjusting to this big change. He seems to really like his new friend, Lincoln. After his first day C was hugging/kissing L before he left. So sweet!

Me going back to work is a change itself because not only do I have to figure out the "working outside the home" mom role, but I have to figure out a new job role. I'm no longer a classroom teacher, but rather I'm a reading teacher. I am so excited and motivated to start the year and work with struggling readers. It will be a rewarding role to witness the growth my students will (hopefully) gain. I really think I'm going to LOVE this job. I will get to see all grade levels K - 5 for 30/min a day to teach them what they need to know.

These changes might be challenging (the biggest...missing Chase like crazy) at first but I consider them blessings and knowing that we have a huge support team is a bonus!


      8/13/12   
Chase's first day of daycare
Mommy's first day of work (mtgs)

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing mommy and wife. I know that you will handle this change with grace and take life in stride :-)

    ReplyDelete