Yesterday Max turned one-year-old! He is still such a BIG puppy. We walked the dogs down to the park at the end of our street and they played fetch and sniffed all the smells. Then we went back home so they could eat their dog cake and they LOVED it! I've never seen Kobe eat so fast and Max ate (swallowed) the entire slice in about 5 seconds! The cake is really easy to make, in fact, here's the recipe:
Dog Birthday Cake
(I halved the recipe and baked it in one round cake pan for 30 minutes).
3 cups flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup corn oil
2 jars strained chicken baby food
2 cups finely shredded carrots
plain or vanilla yogurt (for frosting)
bacon flavored treats, crumbled (for sprinkles)
Grease & flour two 8" round cake pans; set aside. Combine flour & baking powder; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat softened butter until smooth. Add eggs & corn oil; mix well. Add strained chicken & shredded carrots and mix until smooth. Add flour mixture & mix thoroughly. Pour battter in cake pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 60 minutes. Cool completely & spread yogurt to layer the cakes & continue "frosting." Sprinkle with bacon treats.
Waiting for the command
Devoured cake
Lucky Dogs! I can't believe Max is already one. Will we get to see them this summer? I'd love to watch Max and Buddy play! We got your sweet cards today, and Audrey is so excited about a dog party this summer. She wanted to know if we could also have a people cake for her! We can't wait to see you guys.
ReplyDeleteThe cake actually looks yummy! The dogs are so cute!! And I love the picture of 'the evidence'. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MAX!
ReplyDelete