Thursday, August 19, 2010

Spencer's Promotion to 1st LT

Yesterday was a special day in Spencer's Army career. He was promoted to First Lieutenant! I was able to participate in the ceremony so we had someone take pictures for us. With that being said, I will walk you through the ceremony that took place yesterday...


The start of the ceremony...






Captain Ruffin (commander of the company) giving a speech about Spencer...





Spencer listening to Captain Ruffin...





The official reading of the orders from the President of the United States...





Major Hotaling (commander of the batallion) and I
walking up to begin the pinning...






Major Hotaling just ripped of Spencer's old rank from his chest; The reason Spencer is making this face is because right before the ceremony I was instructed to "punch" him in the chest after I place his new rank on so that it will be secured...





I just placed the new rank on his chest and am balling up my fist to secure it in place...





I literally just punched him in the chest, twice,
because Major Hotaling told me it wasn't hard enough...






Major Hotaling just took off Spencer's old beret and threw it to the officer taking this picture...





And he "places" the new beret on Spencer...





Very goofy...





Fixing his beret...






Picture shot with Captain Ruffin...





Major Hotaling congratulating him...





All the fellow officers, sergeants, and soldiers come and congratulate him...




~The End ~

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Stuart had been signed in so I posted my comment as him by accident. So, I will try again....Congratulations, Spencer. We are so proud of you!! Sorry we missed the ceremony but there will be more promotions!! You two look great together :)

    ReplyDelete