Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Zoo

Yesterday Spencer and I decided to visit the El Paso Zoo. (It is located near the border of Mexico. In fact, the flag of Mexico was plain in sight.) It was nice and hot! I continue to forget how powerful the sun is so thankfully Spencer let me wear his hat. :-)

It was really fun and educating to attend the zoo with Spencer because he knows a lot! He answered all of my questions and had many cool facts to share about several of the animals. He kept the map in his hand and would tell me what we were about to see next. He was so cute!

We saw zebras, birds, giraffes, female lions, a tiger, an elephant, bears, a leopard, sea lions, gator, wolves, tortoises, monkeys, etc... My favorite animals were the sea lions! They were so cute and would swim by the glass window and "smile" at you! I could have stayed and watched them swim and play for hours! My favorite thing at the zoo was all of the beautiful blue hydrangeas...my favorite flowers! This was the first time I've seen them here in EP, so I had to get my picture next to them!


El Paso Zoo

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice zoo! Great pic of you and Spencer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! The comment above was from ME!! Not Meg and G :)

    ReplyDelete