Monday, June 13, 2011

First "Captured" Smile

For the past week or so Chase has been returning smiles. First, it was to his Gram (Spencer's mom). He couldn't resist her peaceful voice and just had to let her know he enjoyed her company - who can blame him?!?!? Second (and a few more), were to me. I had been driving him around post (trying to get him to sleep) and after 20 or so minutes I realized it wasn't going to work. He fussed and fussed and fussed. I drove back to the house and went to the backseat to get him out. I started talking to him and he gave me the biggest smile; it completely melted my heart! Third, was to our friend Jessica. She came over the other morning and began a conversation with him. He enjoyed the conversation and replied with a sweet smile! Finally, it was to Spencer this weekend. (As most of you know, Spencer has and will continue to spend most of his days out in the field. He will get to come home a few weekends, but that's just not enough. 3 weeks down and 5 to go.) I was thrilled when Chase showed off his smile to him this weekend. In fact, he did it several times. The smile captured below is Chase smiling up at his daddy. :-)


2 comments:

  1. I love this one! He looks like he is laughing
    :-) He has a great smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO adorable! Love to see his new smile!!

    ReplyDelete