Reenlistment Ceremony (Spencer is on the left)
Saturday was the day Spencer and I chose to celebrate my birthday together since we will be apart over Christmas. He/we had already decided that I would get a manicure & pedicure for my birthday but he surprised me with my very own orchid plant! I've been saying for sometime now that I would like one, but I've been afraid that I would kill it. (Bonnie & Courtney, I would love to hear of any orchid care advice that you can give me!) Saturday night we went to one of the best steakhouses in the El Paso area. It is called Edge of Texas because the restaurant is literally on the edge of Texas and New Mexico. The atmosphere was wonderful and the food was magnificent. If you come visit us here that might be a great place to splurge for dinner!
My New Orchid!!!
Sunday was a pretty relaxed day. I baked brownies and cookies for Spencer to take to the company. At dark, we drove around and looked at all the Christmas lights!! Best of all, when we got home we talked to Garrett, Meg, and Beckett on Skype!!! He is such a cutie and it was great watching him move around and sleep!
Christmas Tree Brownies
Iced Sugar Cookies
As you can tell we had a great weekend. It was a nice way to spend the last weekend before Christmas together. To all my Jackson & Caruthersville peeps I will see you all very soon!
Merry Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment