Thursday, June 17, 2010

St. Louis: The First 20 Hours

I flew into St. Louis yesterday afternoon to begin the wedding festivities for my friend, Elisa. Elisa and I went to college together and met the first week of freshman year at SEMO. We both lived on the same floor in the non-air-conditioned dormitory, Dearmont. (Ahhh...memories!) Then, we both joined the same sorority and our friendship continued to blossom. I feel very honored to be a part of her wedding this weekend!

THANK YOU, Tess! Tess and I have been friends since our freshman year of college as well. She, too, joined the same sorority as Elisa and I. Tess, so graciously, picked me up from the airport yesterday and is letting me be her houseguest all weekend! Oh how I love Tess! We've already had a great time together. Tess puts everyone in a great mood. :-) We are going to have a lot of fun this weekend!

Back to the first 20 hours! The first 2o hours that I've been here, several wonderful things have happened:

1.) I saw green grass and green trees.
2.) I saw lightning bugs.
3.) I am not the minority.
4.) I got to laugh and reminisce with Tess.
5.) I made plans (tomorrow) to visit with my wonderful friend and college roommate, Lindsay and her daughter, Kaidyn, whom I've never met!
6.) I got to eat at Pasta House last night.
7.) I was awoken by thunder this morning.
8.) I got to walk through a water puddle caused from rain.

As you can tell, I am very excited to be in Missouri. After this weekend I will have several more events and pictures to share with you. Spencer flies into St. Louis tomorrow for Sean's bachelor party. He is super pumped to hang out with his Rolla buddies. Until later...

1 comment:

  1. So glad that you got to hang out with your friends for the weekend. You will have to share pictures from the wedding!

    ReplyDelete