Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Are you ready for some KICKBALL?!!?

Every Thursday night for the past 6-7 weeks have been dedicated to a co-ed kickball league. My friend, Krista (her husband is the P.E. coach @ the school I worked at), asked me if I wanted to play on the team. Her friend of a friend was starting a team. Two weeks out she didn't have enough players and she met a guy on facebook who was also trying to put a team together and didn't have enough players. So the two teams joined to make one, and we call ourselves the MOSKEETOS!!! And, yes, our team shirt color is bright pink!

I usually play 3rd base and I am becoming a pro at bunting the ball! (That seems to be the only way to get on base!) Our record is 1-5...seriously, the 1 win is because we volunteered for a "bye" week! We did end with a tied game a couple of weeks ago. :-) The league is "supposed" to be social, but you always come across a few teams who are SO serious and competitive and they never crack a smile. But, we (when I say "we" I'm referring to the girls on my team!) are always out laughing and having a good 'ole time.


The Moskeetos!!!

Me & Krista

2 comments:

  1. I have always heard that bunting is an art! And who needs to win in order to have fun, right? Love the pink shirts, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete