Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In the bootheel...

is where I am. I arrived here Friday afternoon. My sister flew into El Paso on Monday, July 5th and spent the week out there with Spencer and me. We toured Fort Bliss & El Paso and visited Old Mesilla, NM and a few wineries. We had a nice, relaxing time.

She and I had planned to pack up the dogs and leave for our 2 day drive on Thursday morning. However, as I checked the weather forecast on Wednesday night I decided Thursday would not be the best day to travel due to heavy amounts of rainfall predicted all across our driving route. I do NOT like to drive in the rain, especially for 1,200 miles! The plan changed and we decided we would leave Friday morning instead. But then on Thursday the idea of flying came to mind (and since Spencer is not needed in the field at this time he could care for the dogs) so flying home was the decision that was made. The only bummer is that I had to shorten my visit to two weeks.

But, I'm very happy to be here (although I could do without the humidity...ugh!) and I've made lots of plans to visit and spend time with lots of people. So it is time to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment