Spencer's parents flew us all into Bozeman, MT last Saturday, June 26th. We were all able to come except for Erika's husband, Matt, who is in Iraq at the moment...prayers for Matt, please! We all had a great week in Montana and got to see and experience a lot!
Spencer, Stuart and I arrived earlier than everyone on Saturday so we went downtown to an Irish pub in Bozeman and watched the U.S. play in the World Cup. After the game we went back to the airport to get everyone else and then we headed off to our cabin. Our cabin was perfect! It is situated on the Yellowstone River in Paradise Valley, MT and is located about 45 minutes from the North gate of Yellowstone Park! The view from our cabin is unbelievable as you will see in the pictures.
Day 1:
We had a relaxing morning and went for a 1 mile hike up to a gorgeous waterfall. Then did the 1 mile hike down. Every part of this hike was beautiful.
Day 2 & Day 6:
We visited Yellowstone Park. We saw lots of animals, beautiful waterfalls & valleys. We visited Mammoth Springs and picnicked at amazing locations and some of us went fishing. AND, on day 6 we saw a big, brown bear!!!
Day 3:
Spencer, Stuart, Courtney, and I went on a guided fly-fishing trip. We fished on the Madison River and it was amazing! I caught 3 little fish and 1 large fish!
Day 4:
Spencer's parents, Erika, & Garrett went on a guided-flying trip. So the rest of us stayed home to care of the kiddos. We had a great time with our nieces and nephew!
Day 5:
Spencer, Stuart, Courtney, and I went on a drive this morning. We took some cool pictures, drove up a mountain, saw a fox, beaver, and deer! This afternoon we all visited downtown Bozeman for a little shopping spree!
Day 7:
We all said "good-bye" :-(
Below is a slideshow of the pictures I took. If you would like to see better pictures and a clearer explanation of each day in Montana then I invite you to read Erika's blog, Viva La Russells.
No comments:
Post a Comment