Between the two of us, I definitely have the sweeter tooth. Usually when I tell Spencer I want to bake something sweet he replies with, "No! We don't need it!" Of course he is right but sometimes you just do, right?!?! This past weekend I told him I was craving a strawberry cake and he replied with, "Mmm, that sounds good. So are you going to bake me a strawberry cake this weekend?" I was quite surprised and began searching the web for a yummy strawberry cake recipe. I ran across one from the Food Network by Miss Paula Deen. Now we all know she won't let us down!! I've posted her picture of the cake and a link to the recipe. My cake turned out quite ugly (can't quite figure out a graceful way to do the double layer thing) but VERY YUMMY! Next time I might use this recipe to make cupcakes. :)
***The only change I made was that I added a lot more of the
strawberry puree to the frosting.***
No comments:
Post a Comment